Saturday, September 3, 2011

I Spy Quilt #2

 I did it...... I finally finished the other I spy quilt. I joined a swap a few months back and 100 squares. When I laid them all out it was huge!! So I decided to pick out my favorite boy fabrics and make a I Spy Quilt for my son. I made six rows of six. For a total of 36 squares that are 6x6.
I wanted it to be different than the one I made before. I tried quilting for the first time. :) It was scary at first but really fun once I got used to it. I love how it turned out!

This time I also decided to do a border around each square. It took a bit longer to do but I love how it frames each square. I really enjoyed trying something new and stepping out of my comfort zone. What's something new you've tried lately?

4 comments:

  1. Horray for machine quilting. . . it looks fantastic. You always do such a great job choosing fabrics and putting it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyyy Jessica! Awesome quilts! I'm your newest follower ;) Can't wait to meet you at the Cheesecake Factory!!

    xoxoxo,
    Lilli
    www.onestopbabygifts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love I spy quilts do you have anymore scraps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is super cute. I don't think I've got the patience for something of this scale, but maybe a 3x3?

    Also, I would like to personally invite you to our new Rockin’ link party every Friday at RoCa and Company. Come and show off what you got this coming Friday. Hope to see you there...

    Remember...YOU ROCK!!

    Carmen @
    RoCa and Company
    www.rocaandcompany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails