Tuesday, March 30, 2010

As the clouds part...


As I sit here and look out the window I see many things. The wind blowing in the trees, the sun trying to escape the cover of the clouds. But then I realize I know why I am here and who I am. I have a purpose on this earth. At times this purpose gets covered by clouds or blown away by the wind. But it's always there. It always will be.
This morning in the early hours of the morning I rocked with a sick baby. Wondering if this sickness will ever pass. While sitting and rocking holding my sweet daughter I couldn't help but feel love. Love for my daughter, husband, gospel and everything around me. At times I just want to know how thing will be or end up. But when I take a step back and focus on what is most important these "things" don't matter so much.
Moving here has really opened my eyes. Made me appreciate a mother's touch, going for a walk on a sunny day, and late night talks. I don't know what the future will bring but I do know that I am loving today. What's happening right now. Even if it means rocking with a sick babe on my lap. Because it is in these moments that we truly realize what is most important in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails