Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Quick and Easy Quiet Book

Remember last year when I made a Colors Quiet Book for my daughter? I had so much fun with it that I made her a ABC quiet book too. There's just something about quiet books that are so fun to make. Maybe it's the miniature size or how quick and easy they come together. I'm not sure. But I LOVE making them and am bound to make more in the future.
When I stumbled upon Bugga Bugs shop on etsy I fell in love with one of her patterns for a quiet book. She had a sale a few months ago so I stocked up with some of the patterns I'd been drooling over. And yes, I snatched up the quiet book pattern too.

Without further ado, the Quiet Book
For the cover I wanted to go neutral so that both my daughter and son can play with it.

The Ice Cream Page
What I love about this page is the toppings in the jar. I also learned that when you sew that plastic clear stuff to use tissue paper over it so it doesn't break your needle.

Tic-Tac-Toe
It seems every quiet book has a tic tac toe page. What I like about this one is that all the pieces fit in a pocket on the opposite page.

Bee's and Flowers
I still need to make one more bee for the hive but I love that these pages are right next to each other. Bees and flowers just go together. Right?

Umbrella and Wash

I loved the washing machine page! You can put the clothes in the side and when they are done hang them up on the line. Cute huh?
The umbrella also has a secret pocket for the rain drops. Fun huh?
I think the barn page has to be my favorite.
I changed up this page alittle bit from the pattern. I really liked Jill's finger puppets and decided to make those instead. Then I made a little pocket for them to be stored in.
Jill's pattern is super easy to follow, these finger puppets came together so fast and they are so much cuter. I'm so glad I decided to make finger puppets instead.

So, there you have it. A quick and easy quiet book from Bugga Bugs. A few things I liked about this pattern was you just use fabric for the pages not felt. Both the quiet books I've done before were out of felt and I've noticed that they start to pill over time. But this book all the pages are made from fabric which made it a lot easier to cut out and assemble. She also just wrote out the word with a sharpie. I debated on if I should just hand stitch them like I did in the others I made but decided to do it like the pattern. It was quick and easy, I should have used a brand new sharpie though. But I LOVE how this book turned out.
Overall, there wasn't much I changed with this pattern other than the barn finger puppets. It was so fun and easy to make. If you'd like to make one too head on over to Bugga Bugs and snatch up the pattern. You'll be glad you did, I know I am.
Now, onto another project. This one to be exact.









6 comments:

  1. You are A M A Z I N G. . . . .I love your variations to the book. The finger puppets are so cute. I don't think I have a favorite page, can't wait to see it up close and personal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these quiet books! I'm totally going to make one now! They are darling! Also, I love your blog. I read it a lot, but don't ever comment. Thanks for sharing though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SOOO cute!! I wish I knew of a little one to make it for! Sorry I am late on commenting from last weeks Handmade Tuesday but this is super cute!! www.ladybug-blessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, and I just bought the pattern for it. I have never seen one of these in person before, so I have a question for you. On the pieces (like the toppings, x and o's for tic tac toe, etc) how do they stick on? Or do they even stick on? Thanks very much for your help :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! This quiet book was really fun and easy to put together. As for the toppings they stick on pretty well to the ice cream since they made of felt as well. The tic tac toe ones don't stick but that hasn't been an issue for us. Since you play with it flat anyway. Best of luck to you!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails