Friday, September 24, 2010

kcwc: Day Three and Four

Here are the things I've sewed for the Kids Clothes Week. This is the first time EVER that I've made a skirt from scratch all by myself. It took me about two days to make it ( because I kept messing up and had to unpick) but for my first ever skirt I think it turned out pretty good.

The Market Skirt

For this skirt I used Dana's Market Skirt tutorial. I decided to just keep it simple and not add any pockets. I used a fabric remnant I got at Wal-Mart for maybe a buck? After sewing the skirt I added the purple on the bottom to make it a little bit longer. I really like how it turned out.

Corduroy Flower Pants
As many of you know, I don't sew clothes. I like making toys and things instead. So this week I've been trying new things. I've only sewn one pair of pants before this pair and that was in high school.
It's not rocket science really but I did follow this tutorial to make a pattern. I bought a giant bag from D.I. a while back and this fabric was in one of them. It's actually corduroy. I was going to make a skirt out of it but thought those would make some sweet pants! Am I right?
I've had such a fun time this week improving my sewing skills. And my daughter is loving all of her new clothes.


3 comments:

  1. All of your KCWC projects look great. I especially like the corduroy flower pants. You're doing a fabulous job branching out and making clothes instead of just items. You're right, refashioning is addictive. I'm afraid I'll turn into a hoarder, not wanting to throw any clothing away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the new things you are trying. Love the clothes, keep sewing and smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cords are sweet. Great job, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails