Thursday, October 7, 2010

Vintage Quilt


I love quilts. They are so fun and unique. My Great Grandmother made quilts out of my mother's and siblings old clothes. She would save every piece of clothing and used them to make quilts. When my family came to visit I couldn't stop admiring the quilts. My mom told me I could keep one. I decided on the strip block quilt. Looking at it I appreciate the work that my Great Grandmother put into it. Not only did she make one but she made many more in different styles.

Beautiful, no?
I still need to get a picture of the entire quilt but I am so glad that I can have a piece of my Great Grandmother with me.
Plus, I love that she used old clothes to make the quilts. What a thrifty Grandma!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the talents of Nanie. She was such a wonderful grandmother who never wasted a scrap of material. . . sounds like a great-granddaughter of hers I know. It's amazing to me that she knew all about creativity, and sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails