Thursday, April 7, 2011

Re purposing: shirt into dress

My daughter is growing so fast! Almost all of her shirts are too short. I was just going to put them in storage until I remembered I saw a few tutorials on how to use old t shirts and make dresses out of them. Like here and here.

I give you the purple flower dress:

I had this purple flower fabric I bought a while back in the remnant bin that was just perfect for this little dress.
I also used some scrap purple fabric and sewed it on the front and also made some fabric flowers.
I don't usually sew clothing but I had TONS of fun with this and already have a few more ready to make. I guess I'm just intimidated by making clothes from scratch...... but this was super easy and I love how it turned out. And I just used up things we already had around the house so it didn't cost me a thing.
:)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails