Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Mini Tutorial: Pom Pom Necklace


I'm sure most of us has seen this image floating around on Pinterest. Pretty huh? 

 But as I looked at the image longer it didn't seem very complicated. So I tried making my own.  I am very pleased with how they turned out. I've included a mini tutorial for those that want to make one too. 
Pom Pom Necklace Tutorial

 For the pom pom I actually used this tutorial here. Linda has a great tutorial and I didn't feel a need to write a new one. So head on over to Craftaholics Anonymous.
 Today I am going to show you how to take that pom pom and make a necklace with it. 
 Supplies needed: Completed pom pom, chain, pliers, jump ring and some scissors.
 Step One: Attach a jump ring to one of the ends. 
 Step Two: Tie a double knot. Securing the jump ring. 
 Step Three: Trim strings
 Step Four: Attach jump ring to chain. My chain was too big to slip the ring over so I had to use my pliers to open it up. Then I just closed it once I got it around the chain.
Voila! Your done! Easy right? Now you can enjoy your necklace and make a dozen more. ;)

*Tips for making the pom pom: I found it's better to use a rayon/ polyester tshirt instead of cotton. I liked the finished look better and found it easier to work with. It was tricky for me to get all the shirt tied but it gets better with more practice. Good luck and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!
     ~Jessica

2 comments:

  1. I love these. . . .so much fun. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I love those polkadots. Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails