Friday, November 12, 2010

Baby Washcloths

Washcloths are a must with a newborn baby. But the ones you can buy at the store aren't that great quality and are about $6 for a pack. Yesterday I saw this awesome tutorial over at A little tipsy on how to make your own washcloths. It never occurred to me to just make my own washcloths. I already had tons of flannel and chenille so I gave it a try.

I decided to use the same flannel fabric for the top and change up the chenille on the bottom.
Two of them have this green chenille on the back.
The other two have this blue on the back.
I really had a lot of fun making these. I love how they are so soft and are sturdier than store bought washcloths. Plus I didn't have to buy anything. I just used what I had. If you'd like to make some of these go here.
I'm also working on a rag quilt tutorial. I'm hoping to have it up at the beginning of next week. Make sure to stop by.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea. . . .they look awesome. You will have to let me know how they do after a few washings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute! I've made burp cloths the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are cute! Link up:
    http://gigglesglitzandglam.blogspot.com/2010/11/glam-party-2.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails