Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Advent Calender

I know that it's a little late to be posting this but I finally finished my Christmas Advent Calender. I'm sorry about the horrible pictures I don't have very good lighting in my hallway.


Here she is my finished Advent Calender
When I was ready to hang it I realized I didn't have a dowel. So instead of buying one I just used some push pins to hang it. Maybe next year I'll get a dowel for it.
Here are all of the pockets. I just did a running stitch for the numbers. This was the easiest way I knew to stitch the numbers on.
Here is a picture of what our calender looked like yesterday. My daughter loves taking out an ornament each day and putting it on the tree.
Here is what it looks like when all the ornaments are on the tree. I still have two more to sew but am unsure as to what they should be. Any ideas?
Overall, I am really happy with how this turned out. I'm so glad that I decided to join in on the sew along. My daughter LOVES putting on a new ornament each day. Plus it's a fun way to countdown for baby brother who will be here in 10 days.


6 comments:

  1. I love this! Here are some ideas for two more ornaments: a reindeer face, a caroler face, a holly leaf with red berries, a candle, an angel, or a sheep/sheep face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out great! My oldest two have been taking turns hanging an ornament on each day and have been loving it as well. It's so fun to see your kids excited to use something that you've made them :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute! just popping in from Tater Tots and Jello.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! I've been looking for advent calendar ideas. I stumbled on your site today from Tater Tots & Jello.
    Wishing you a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One can be an angel, and the other can be a Santa hat. Just a thought. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I'm glad you liked my Christmas card-hanger :)
    Happy holidays!
    www.mythirdtruelove.blogspot.com
    p.s. I'm your newest follower - GREAT blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this in all the advent calendar posts going around I wanted to do one where you decorate the tree :) so I love this!!! I think I will get one done before next year since my Punkin will be just over a year old and will probably have a lot of fun with it! Thanks for sharing!

    Oh and for the last 2 maybe holly leaves/berries and a pretty snowflake?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails