Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Simple Spring Mantel

My mantel needed some updating since Easter is now over. I decided to go really simple and have lots of color. I really Love it!




My new obsession is banners. :) I went through some of my fabric scraps and picked out some favorites. Then I cut them all the same size and sewed them together. Super easy! A great way to add color and patterns.

I also used some of my husbands vintage books. The Star Raker and Duden. :) I added a blue birdhouse I found while thrifting. 
This canvas has been sitting empty since Valentines. My Mom printed off the Home sign for me. I decided to just tape it on top of the canvas. I love how the blue ties in with the canvas. 


I kept my book decor up as well. I also put up my metal bird I got a few years ago. 
Theres my fun, colorful and super simple mantle. It makes me smile :)

Just another quick announcement. Have you heard of the Snap Conference going on this weekend? They are also having a Queen Bee Market at Thanksgiving Point in Utah. My husband is one of the vendors. :) There are some amazing vendors and the best part is it's FREE to the public. If your in Utah make sure to stop by and say "Hi." Here's the link to all the vendors that will be there and here's a link to my husbands shop, Sweet Old Stuff


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails