Saturday, December 17, 2011

Puppet Theater in 5 minutes

My daughter loves puppet shows right now. Our library does puppet shows for storytime, maybe that's where she got her love for it. She's been asking for one for quite sometime now. I finally broke down and made one. It took about 5 minutes.
 Here's what I did. I already had the blue flower fabric made into drapes. We used them when we lived in a different house but they've been sitting in a box. I also had some leftover drapes from Ikea and quickly sewed a casing for the rod and voila! A super easy and cute puppet theater.


We spent all afternoon doing puppet shows. 
She doesn't quite get the idea that we shouldn't see you, just the puppets. Maybe with more practice?
We just put it up the the doorway when we want to play and then put it back in the closet when we are done. I also scored a bunch of cute hand puppets at D.I. last week that my kids will be getting for Christmas. I will try and post pictures of them soon. 
How are your projects coming along?

1 comment:

  1. I want to come over and see a puppet show. How fun is your house?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails